Monday, December 4, 2017

Merry & Bright Blog Hop: Living Room

Welcome to another week of our Merry & Bright Blog Hop! This week we are featuring our living rooms. 




Our living room is one space that I have yet to figured out what to do with.  It's a long narrow space so not many options to arrange furniture. I eventually get more things on the wall but for now, this will do. :) 

We have this old mantle that came out of a house built in the 1800s that was almost completely destroyed by tornadoes. This was one piece that was managed to be salvaged. It's just gorgeous!!



I kept our mantle super simple this year with an old window from my great grandfathers barn, fresh greenery made by my brother with Brandon Pruett Designs and my candle sticks from @ns_markethouse. I'm telling y'all, they go in every room with any décor! :)  

The swag hanging from the window was done by my very talented brought with Brandon Pruett Design. He also inspired my mantle greenery with adding new greenery that isn't your 'typical' Christmas décor. The base of the greenery is trimmings from our Christmas tree.  I then added some fun florals that my brother brought from SF.  



Our couch got a fancy slip cover, aka a drop cloth. Two year olds man...they are so hard on everyyything! But this makes it super easy to plop a throw pillow and Christmas blanket down on it and it will go with anything.  



For the basket under the mantle, I stuffed it full of extra greenery we had laying around.  I had blankets stuffed in there, but just wanted a more simple look with still being a Christmas/Wintery look.

The bowl on the table is also a mixture of florals and greenery that we put together for Thankgiving.  

Then comes our Christmas tree! Our little girl says 'WOOOOOW' every time she walks into the room. It's so stinking precious! :) 


(that wooden circle was a wedding gift from my great aunt.  It's part of a wine barrel with our names and wedding date on it. Such a special and thoughtful gift. :) )


I adore our Christmas ornaments since most of them have special stories, like that piece of wood is off our first Christmas tree as a married couple. :) 

We have always kept our tree pretty simple, but this year I really wanted a neutral tree. Imagine that! :)  So hubby agreed to keep it neutral, but a little girl had different plans.  She kept grabbing the red and putting them in the same exact spot...man did that drive me bonkers as I carefully placed each one I was putting up. Haha! I told my husband I was going to take those red ones off and spread out the others once she went to bed, but she was so proud of what she did. Every time I walk by the tree, it puts a smile on my face so I'm just going to leave it.  It's too sweet! 



I hope you all enjoyed taking a tour of our living room Christmas décor! Make sure you hop on over to these amazing ladies blogs listed below! They are seriously the most beautiful ladies inside and out and are so incredibly talented! 



MERRY AND BRIGHT BLOG HOP CONTINUES BELOWS:












1 comment :

  1. Lauren, your living room is so pretty! I love that you saved that really cool, old mantle, it's gorgeous. It all is so clean, bright and festive!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top