Monday, December 11, 2017

Merry & Bright Blog Hop { Dining & Kitchen }

Welcome to our third and final week of our  
{ MERRY & BRIGHT BLOG HOP }


These last few weeks with these incredible ladies has been such an honor! They are all so incredibly talented, so make sure you check out their blogs linked at the bottom here!



This week we are featuring our kitchen & dining room.






When we first walked into our house, I knew it was the one as soon as we walked into the dining room and looked through to the kitchen.  In our first home, our dining was right in with our kitchen making it a challenge to have a good sized table.  My wonderful parents actually gifted us an antique school teachers table I had eyed at a local antique shop.  Of course I still have it...but it's a little small for our new dining room.  

As soon as we walked into this dining room, I knew I wanted a large farmhouse table.  We went to visit my grandparents and there it was...piles of barn wood from their barn that had just been torn down.  My hubby and dad loaded the truck full and got to work when we got home.  I told my vision and they brought it to life!  This is such a special piece and will never be moved out of this dining room.  For one it took 6 or 7 grown men to get it in here (it's only what 600-700 pounds?) and second, this is just too special to ever get rid of. :) 

So welcome to our dining room!


For the runner, I knew I wanted a mixture of fresh greenery.  Luckily, I had the perfect person in town to help put my vision together.  Mr. Brandon Pruett (my brother) with Brandon Pruett Designs.  



I loved adding pinecones we already had, apples from our tree and my air plants I had laying around. 


I found these beautiful wooden bowels at TJMaxx, and my mom grabbed me these adorable copper mugs. For the plate and bowels I just laid some extra greenery and trimmings from our Christmas tree. :) 



This beautiful Gather sign I won in a giveaway from @rootedandgroundedhome  It's so perfect for this space! :)  For the buckets, I stuffed swags my brother with Brandon Pruett Designs made for the wedding.  


Now we move into the kitchen.  


I've kept our kitchen Christmas décor pretty simple since my husband and I don't care for clutter in the kitchen.  I really kind of kept with my regular décor just adding some berries and greenery here and there. :) 


As you can see, I've already changed out the center piece...haha! I had a floral arrangement my brother had made and when those florals started dying off I got this beautiful tiered tray my parents got me for my birthday. :) 


I had this magnolia wreath over our mantle and moved it here, adding some berries to make it more of a Christmas wreath. 


I'm pretty sure the few Christmas decorations I did buy this year was from the Target dollar spot.  With the white ceramic houses to this adorable large, coaster that I paired with a cutting board.
I also stuffed my Rae Dunn pour pitcher with yummy smelling eucalyptus. :) 

We recently went through a major decluttering of mugs, I may have a slight obsession...So with that, I turned the clear cabinet into my Rae Dunn display and  this corner into my coffee station. :) I actually put my Keurig away and brought out this 12 cup coffee maker...momma needs coffee! Haha!


I hope you enjoyed our three weeks of our { MERRY & BRIGHT BLOG HOP } I know that all of these wonderful talented ladies have had the best time giving you all tours of our Christmas décor!  Make sure to check out their blogs listed below.  Have a very Merry Christmas!

MERRY & BRIGHT BLOG HOP CONTINUES BELOW:















2 comments :

  1. Just gorgeous Lauren! And how incredible is that table?! I don't blame you, that sucker would be with me forever too! I've loved doing this blog hop with you. Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, that table is AHMAZING!!! And the whole tablescape is just WOW! I'm loving all the fresh greenery. Beautiful job, my friend. This has been such a fun time, these past few weeks doing this blog hop with you. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such incredible talent. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous home with us, Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top