Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Patio Time!

Our patio renovation may be one of my favorite projects yet. Before this, we had to hang out in the grass (bug bites like INSANE), the carport or the side porch. Don't get me wrong, the side porch is lovely, but having a little one who is VERY independent and not the most graceful one with concrete steps...let's just say it's not the most ideal place for mommy and daddy to relax while Ellie gets some fresh air!

So that's when we decided we needed a space out back...


From start to finish we got this done in a day and a half! Thankful for my hard working hubby, our great friend Mitch and my wonderful parents for helping us!  

We went with a budget friendly paver stone from Lowe's and it definitely did not disappoint!  We love to be barefoot outside, especially little Ellie so we wanted something that would be easy on her feet and still look semi natural.

So the details...The boys first leveled the area for the patio with dirt, put down some 'chat' (Uma and I of course got a kick out of teasing them when saying this) and then a little sand.


Then they set out a design for the blocks to be placed and went to town!  Don't worry, Ellie helped Mom and Uma 'carry' the blocks and each time would say "Daddy, Here you go!".  The sweetest!! 


Once the block was put down, we went back with sand to fill in the cracks between the blocks.  This immediately gave it a cobblestone vibe that you see in historic towns so I may have been extremely giddy!



Once the patio was finished, we decided it needed a little landscaping to divide it from the yard.  I love a cozy cottage feel so from the advice of my landscape designing brother, hydrangeas were a not brainer to give it that feel. 

Now it's time to sit back, have some drinks and relax!! until the next project anyway... :) 


Here's our before picture.  Excuse the horrible picture! I had a two year old rushing me inside before she closed the door on me. 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top