Thursday, August 31, 2017

My Inspiration Behind It All

I seriously cannot believe our sweet Ellie is TWO!! WHAAAAT??? Where on earth has all the time gone? 




Our sweet, independent, and loving little girl has put SO much joy into our lives and we constantly ask each other, "what did we do with our time before her?"  We honestly can't even remember what our lives were before we had her. I guess we were always out doing something, camping, hiking, you name it.  The wonderful thing is, Ellie LOVES camping and hiking maybe more than we do...if that's even possible!!


This sweet girl was the start of my love of decorating.  Decorating her nursery at our first house inspired me in so many ways.  Whether it was finishing furniture that was given to us, doing out diy projects for her shelves, or turning the old picture frame into a design piece to go above her bed.  It brought out a creative side of me that I hadn't really ever seen...and I LOVE it!  


We woke her up on her birthday with balloons in her bed...you could say she was a little happy about this :)  
When we moved to our new house, of course I had to paint her room the exact same color as what it was at the other house, put up the same decorations and recreate her room!  However...as she's becoming a toddler and going to be in a toddler bed soon...omg...I can't wait to change up her decorations a little.  



Not only has she been my inspiration, she constantly reminds us to stop and smell the roses...to stop and play in the rain...to slow down as we try and rush through this crazy life.  

Since creating this blog and joining Instagram as a separate account than my personal account, I have been so incredibly inspired by all of the AMAZING homes and accounts I've came across.  I've already met SO many incredible women who post the most beautiful pictures of there homes, but then turn around and give you a real life behind the scene look too.  Like all the toys hiding out of that 'perfect' shot or the mess you create in the rest of the house to get that perfect set up.  

Thank you to everyone who has been so encouraging as I have started my blog and journey of sharing with you all!  We have so many exciting projects on the to-do list. Can't wait to take you all on this journey with us! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top