Saturday, August 12, 2017

Junk Made Beautiful

Details on our renovation JUNK made beautiful!


This closet above used to be a complete junk closet.  It was painted a mustard yellow, the floor was concrete, and it was piled high of junk that I wanted to hide..YUCK!! My husband would laugh at me because every time he asked me where I wanted something put, I would reply the closet or basement...still working to declutter my things in the basement!! :) 


We have three sets of French doors in our back hallway, one is our laundry area, one is the pantry, and the other now our mud area! Each of these had old, dusty, dirty curtains draped along the backside. (pics of these at the end) Taking these down in the mud area made a WORLD of difference in how the space feels when you walk into the house.  It feels so bright and spacious. I plan to leave the curtains off these French doors for this area anyways since it's just too beautiful to hide.  For the other doors, once I find the right fabric, I'm going to whip out my sewing machine and  make curtains (sounds like a tutorial coming!!)


Once we took down the curtains, my handy hubs finished the tile with materials we had left over in the basement.  Then we FINALLY got rid of the mustard/orangy yellow! HAPPY DANCE!!  We decided to keep everything feeling bright and clean lines and stuck with everything white.  SOOO glad we did!! 


Then came more handy work by Mr. Cody.  He built the bench with cubbies below for our shoes (and a basket for Lacee's leash) and then the shelf above for baskets for anything that we need to be able to grab heading out the door. We also trimmed out everything to give it the complete finished looked. 


When we moved into our first house, I bought these GORGEOUS corbels from Hobby Lobby just knowing I'd find a space for them...well four years later, I found the PERFECT place for them to hang!  We also found these farmhouse antique coat hangers that match the corbels amazingly.  (Amazon saves the day!)


For the small decorations, of course I either went to my basement to find decor stashed away, or to my second home...Target! :)  I found these baskets on sale for $11.69!!  Then of course had to visit TJMaxx while I was up that way and found this adorable wreath.  It was hanging in the wrong spot but I literally heard angels singing when I looked up to see it! I've searched for something simple like this one but wasn't about to spend an arm and a leg! I honestly think it was like $12?


The gorgeous lantern I have is definitely a special one!  It's from a winery out in California.  When we were planning our wedding, I knew I wanted lanterns EVERYWHERE, so I went around collecting them from special places for two years. :) 

This is one of Ellie's new favorite spots in our house.  She loves to 'lock' mommy and daddy in and walk away saying, "BYYYYE!" with a grin on her face just like her Uncle B!! ROTTEN!


This mud area is SO refreshing having this little nook as soon as you walk into the house to stash away shoes and eventually coats.  The blanket will definitely be handy for nights by the fire with friends and family. :) 


Here are the before pictures of the closet and curtains:




I hope you enjoyed the details of our closet renovation!! Have a wonderful day full of love!! Cheers! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top