Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Dream to Reality



Hi there!! I can’t believe I am finally starting this blog I have dreamed of for years!! Since I can remember, mom and I have always loved cooking and making handmade things and my dad can build or remodel anything!

When we were building our first home, I found these two chairs at a flea market to refinish and cover the bright red cushion seats. When I stepped back to see finished result, I was blown away at how BEAUTIFUL they were.  The detail on the wood, the beautiful fabric that went perfect with the style of the frame.  If I hadn’t bought these chairs, they would have definitely been thrown in the dumpster.  That’s when I KNEW I wanted to share how EASY it is to be able to do all of these projects on your own.




We have a tight budget when it comes to renovations and updates so we do all of the work ourselves and are very thrifty when it comes to materials.  I have learned having all of the fancy decorations definitely isn’t what makes a house a home.  It’s putting love into it, it’s the handmade decorations and furniture that we put sweat into that makes it so special.  Just the other day I literally went down into the basement (where I throw everything, sorry Cody!) and went ‘shopping’ to freshen up my decorations in the dining room.  After posting that on social media, that’s where this blog became a reality!

I hope through this blog I can inspire you to bring life back into those old pieces of furniture before throwing them out.  We still have SOOO many renovations to do and I can’t wait to be able to show you step by step, the materials, and how to do these renovations on your own and on a budget!

I also will be sharing some real life moments (*cough* the chaos of a two year old *cough*), some of our camping and hiking adventures and maybe even some of my favorite dishes and drink recipes.




Also, please excuse the grammar errors, the too many exclamation points I put when I'm excited, and the fact that I'm still learning about this whole blog thing. :)

So grab your water, coffee, wine...whatever your beverage of choice is and let's bring the Old to New!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top