Saturday, August 19, 2017

Power of Paint


Many of you have asked the color of paint that we used in our dining room, so drum roooolll.....Collonade Gray by Sherwin WIlliams. 

After:

Before:


I can't tell you how many paint swatches I have sat and compared for other rooms in our house trying to figure out that perfect shade of gray.  Luckily this was an easy pick (well for me anyways).  I walked into my parents kitchen renovation and saw this color up on the wall.  Literally, two days later I ran to Lowe's to get this color and painted the dining room in two hours while Ellie was down for a nap (heyyyy) and Cody was off mowing.  We may have just painted our guest bedroom this same color too because I love it so much! 



The color in these rooms weren't bad, they just weren't complete.  Meaning one wall was one shade of tan and the other wall a completely different shade.  You couldn't tell unless you really sat and looked at it...which of course you know I did!! 

Before we moved in I knew the very first thing I wanted done was to paint the mustard/orangey yellow that was covering half the walls in the house.  A precious family member actually had this done for us as a house warming gift, so luckily this got painted the day after we moved in (while we were at work).  I didn't actually get pictures because everything happened so fast so I'll have to use the pictures from where the house was listed.

This color is Silver Drop by Behr.  It's actually the color I picked out for Ellie's Nursery at the old house before I knew if she was going to be a little girl (which I knew from the beginning) or a precious boy.  We loved this color so much that it seemed silly not to just go with it to paint our kitchen and hallway to brighten this area up.  We have a skylight in the hallway so that itself brings in so much amazing natural light but this gray helps it be light, airy and clean feeling.

After:

Before:

We also painting ALL of the trim and the ceilings...SHEW!! All of the trim and ceiling was an off white color.  That red room you see on the left there in the before picture is the works too! MAN OH MAN! 

In our first home, I had mainly picked out tan colors other than our master bedroom and bathroom being gray/beige.  I quickly realized that gray colors are definitely more of our style.  Of course I still love some good color, but I like to add the warmth of the room by wood features...hint our dining room table! When we moved into our new house, I knew I wanted to go with more of the gray clean line feel throughout the house.  I wanted rooms to be light and airy, still working on painting! Always a work in progress! 

I've come to find painting to be like a therapy session.  I find it SOOOO relaxing (other than when trimming out VERY TALL ceilings!). 

Something as simple as paint can definitely change the way a room feels and is a quick, inexpensive decor fix!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top